Lessons missing on the French site

• Feedback

I was so sad when I went to go look at the Esperanto lessons in French. I studied French for a long time but with out speaking companions I have lost most of it. :~( I started to get serious about Spanish last spring, but then found Esperanto. I intend to get fluent in Eo, then Spanish, and return to my French after that.

• Feedback

I know! I only have Esperanto available so far because that's the language that I know enough to write about. I'm really excited to start making more lessons available, especially cross-language. It would be great to find someone who could translate the Esperanto lessons into French, and the next language lesson on my road map is French, first in English, and then translate those to Esperanto. It all takes time, and as a side project I can't dedicate as much time as I would like to unfortunately.

• Feedback

@EricDemers I totally get that. Everything is time.

I wish my french was better. I can read in it pretty well as long as I have my dictionaries with me. I actually just bought my first monolingual French dictionary this spring, and preemptively bought myself a monolingual Spanish dictionary. Trying to track down a PLENA VORTARO DE ESPERANTO and the illustrated one. I found the former on ebay but it is 70 (us) bucks plus shipping from the uk. It is also antiquated, 1971. They are like hens teeth. Unfortunately, I really need real books. I may just end up printing out the PMEG. I need to switch to immersion soon if I am to have any hope. I will also start to make the pilgrimage into Denver (colorado) for the meet up there, so I can start speaking. That is where I get really hung up, getting my mouth to coordinate with my brain.

• Feedback

Well... I bought the Plena Vortaro from Ebay. I was just watching it and they sent me an offer for $58 and that included the shipping. What can I say I am a sucker for old books.

• Feedback

That's awesome! Hope you find it useful. I'm definitely more of an online dictionary guy myself.

Oh, you live near Colorado eh? I know two very nice Esperantists from Colorado who go to the meetings, it would be a great way for you to practice. I go to at least one national meeting a year, which is where I met them.

• Feedback

Oh, I just had a thought about the lessons. For the French version of the Esperanto course, I could customize some of the comparisons to be about French instead of English, then quickly put it through an automatic translator, then touch it up before posting it. It might be better than having nothing. What do you think about that option?

• Feedback

@EricDemers I think that is a great idea. Maybe we can use attract a more proficient french speaker then I to help with grammar and what not.

BTW, I love your lesson Headers. I think they are hilarious.

• Feedback

@EricDemers Do you know where they meet up? I haven't yet had the time to contact the Boulder group. The Denver schedule is publicly available, and I kind of really don't like Boulder. The traffic bites and a lot of the boulderites are really stuck up. I tend to find myself very unhappy every time I find myself there.

• Feedback

I'll go ahead with the translations soon then and will post an announcement when it's done.

Here is the link for the Denver group. Looks like it's at "SONDER coffee and tea".
    https://www.meetup.com/Denver-Esperanto-Meetup/events/

I know Robert K. (the organizer), as well as another lady whose name I forget at the moment. They're very nice.

• Feedback

@EricDemers Thank you! Yes, that is the group I have been considering.

Good luck with the translation. How fluent are you? I imagine more then I am, even though I studied for many years, you have more potencial access to speakers. I got interested in it because my great grand parents were from Montreal. My family name is Lemay. I believe we were also Beauliers. They had dairy farms and maple farms for many generations. I know I have a lot of long lost cousins up there. My great grandfather's parents died when they were young. 12 sons between the ages of 2 and 18. They were scattered through out Canada.

• Feedback

Less fluent than I'd like to be. I learned it throughout school, and a bit on my own. I can read to understand most things, but my speaking and writing aren't the greatest. That's cool to have at least that connection to Canada though, especially the French part. I'm half French Canadian, and married into a French Canadian family, but neither really speak French unfortunately.